Welcome, I’m Julia and I founded savory tooth in 2015. I cook for myself and my husband, who goes by the moniker Mr. Savory Tooth around these parts. We both grew up on the West Coast and currently live in southern California.
- Recipes you’ll find on the blog
- Websites I’ve been featured on
- New to the low carb lifestyle?
- Food photography
- Recipe and photo sharing policy
- Looking for my old recipes?
RECIPES YOU’LL FIND ON THE BLOG
savory tooth is a healthy food blog dedicated to low carb dishes that appeal to everyone and are easy to make. Most of my recipes are savory (hence the name of this blog) with the occasional sweet gem thrown in every now and then.
My recipes are low in carbohydrates, and they’re organized by the number of net carbs per serving on my Recipes page. Net carbs are defined as the carbs that can be digested by your body. These recipes are ideal for anyone on the ketogenic diet or otherwise attempting to reduce their daily carb intake, whether they’re looking to be healthier, interested in reducing insulin resistance, or trying to lose weight. My dishes are also usually (although unintentionally) gluten free and grain free. Any sweeteners used in my recipes are sugar alcohols that are non-digestible and have no impact on blood glucose or insulin levels.
I also love using my Instant Pot, so you’ll find occasional pressure cooker recipes on the blog.
Websites I’ve been featured on
Here are some websites that have featured savory tooth:
- Huffington Post — The Best Instant Pot Recipes To Make With The Pressure Cooker Feature
- Yahoo! News — The 10 Most Popular Recipes On Instagram In February
- Greatist — 19 Keto Lunches That Will Help You Stick to Your Resolutions
- Country Living — 30 Quick and Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Weeknight Dinners
- Reader’s Digest — The Best Keto Diet Menu for Beginners
- BuzzFeed — 20 Beautiful Pestos You’ll Want To Make In Your Blender
- Brit + Co — 40 Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes Even a Beginner Can Make
- Shape Magazine — Vegan Recipes That Prove There’s More to the Keto Diet Than Bacon
- Chowhound — How to Throw an Instant Pot Dinner Party
- Self — The 14 Most Popular Healthy Recipes on Pinterest in 2017
NEW TO THE LOW CARB LIFESTYLE?
If you’re new to savory tooth or a low carb way of eating, check out some of my favorite low carb/keto recipes. There’s a mix of everything:
I’ve also written a comprehensive guide on starting a low carb or keto diet.
I wear many hats as a food blogger — recipe developer, chef, photographer, videographer, writer, social media marketer, software developer — but one of my favorite parts is the photography. I love the artistic and creative side of shooting and editing photos.
I shoot exclusively using artificial lights. There’s simply no substitute for the kind of reliable and constant lighting that you can get with artificial lights; daylight is simply too fickle and prone to rapid changes due to clouds and weather.
I used to shoot with Canon equipment, but I recently switched to Nikon specifically because their D750 camera’s low light performance is phenomenal.
Here’s the gear and software that I use:
- Main Camera: Nikon D750 full frame camera
- Main Lens: Nikon 50mm f/1.8G lens
- Editing Software: Adobe Lightroom
RECIPE AND PHOTO SHARING POLICY
I do not allow my recipes or photos to be reused anywhere else without my permission. Please contact me if you would like to use my recipes or photos.
LOOKING FOR MY OLD RECIPES?
If you’re a returning reader who’s looking for an old recipe before I turned this site into a low carb blog, you can find some of my older (and high carb) recipes here. Alternatively, if you know the name of the recipe you’re looking for, you can find it by performing a google search for “site:savorytooth.com name-of-recipe”. If there’s something you’ve made before but can’t seem to find, shoot me an email and I’ll look it up for you.