I’m Julia, the voice and creator behind savory tooth. I live in southern California with my husband, who goes by the moniker Mr. Savory Tooth around these parts.
I founded this website in 2015, and blogging became my full-time job in 2016. I started this site because I wanted to develop my interest in photography as well as document my foray into cooking. It quickly grew from a hobby into a successful business that reaches over 1 million people each month.
My goal is to share recipes and resources for living a low carb life. I’m a self-taught cook, and I spend many hours extensively testing each recipe (sometimes more than 10 times) to make it as delicious as possible while minimizing the amount of carbs.
Most of my dishes are easy to make and savory (hence the name of this blog), with a dessert thrown in every now and then. I also enjoy using my Instant Pot, so you’ll find occasional pressure cooker recipes on the blog.
To learn more, check out this list of Frequently Asked Questions.
savory tooth has been featured on a number of websites, including:
- Huffington Post — The Best Instant Pot Recipes To Make With The Pressure Cooker Feature
- Yahoo! News — The 10 Most Popular Recipes On Instagram In February
- Greatist — 19 Keto Lunches That Will Help You Stick to Your Resolutions
- Country Living — 30 Quick and Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Weeknight Dinners
- Reader’s Digest — The Best Keto Diet Menu for Beginners
- BuzzFeed — 20 Beautiful Pestos You’ll Want To Make In Your Blender
- Brit + Co — 40 Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes Even a Beginner Can Make
- Shape Magazine — Vegan Recipes That Prove There’s More to the Keto Diet Than Bacon
- Chowhound — How to Throw an Instant Pot Dinner Party
- Self — The 14 Most Popular Healthy Recipes on Pinterest in 2017