- 10 egg roll wrappers (Note 1)
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- oil for frying
- Make Filling: Mash avocados to chunky consistency and stir with tomato, salt, and black pepper in mixing bowl until combined.
- Wrap Egg Rolls: Lay out egg roll wrappers with corners facing you, and set out small bowl of water. Distribute avocado filling onto bottom half of each wrapper. Working with one wrapper at a time, use finger to brush water along all edges to moisten, fold up closest corner over filling, then fold over sides, then roll up. Dab last fold with more water to seal. Repeat for all other wrappers.
- Fry Egg Rolls: Add oil to large pot until oil is about 2 inches deep, and place over medium heat. When oil temperature reaches 350 F, add egg rolls in batches of 3 to 5 depending on size of pot (Note 2). Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain.
|Makes 5 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (4 egg rolls with dip):|
|Calories 380 (38% from fat)|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||12%|
|Net Carb 45.5g|
|Total Carb 53g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||31%|