Creamy Caper Sauce:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 4 ounces zucchini noodles, cooked (Note 2)
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 350 F. Set aside baking sheet. Prepare 2 shallow plates, one with almond flour and another with beaten eggs. Heat pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Bread Chicken: Pound chicken breasts to flatten all to uniform thickness or slice horizontally to reduce thickness (Note 3). Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dip each chicken breast first in almond flour, patting down with flour to coat well, and then in egg, coating both sides.
- Brown Chicken: Transfer chicken to hot pan, working in batches as needed. Cook until chicken is golden brown, about 1 minute per side, then transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake Chicken: Place baking sheet with chicken into oven. Bake uncovered until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165 F), 20 to 30 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken breasts (Note 4). Meanwhile, proceed to next step to prepare sauce.
- Make Sauce: Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, and capers, cooking until garlic browns, about a minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice. Add heavy whipping cream and butter, stirring until butter has melted. Simmer sauce until thickened, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low to keep warm while waiting for chicken to bake.
- Serve: Transfer cooked chicken and zucchini noodles to serving plates. Stir caper sauce and pour over chicken. Serve (Note 5).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 590 (66% from fat)|
|Total Fat 44g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 18g||88%|
|Net Carb 6g|
|Total Carb 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|