- half French baguette about 6 ounces
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese log sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl. Toss to mix well. Set aside.
- Diagonally slice (so each slice has larger surface area) the baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Working in batches, heat butter in a pan over medium heat, add sliced baguette, and cook both sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Assemble the bruschetta by first distributing mozzarella slices and then the bruschetta topping amongst the toasted bread slices.
- Serve on a large platter. Drizzle remaining balsamic liquid from the bowl over the top of the bruschetta.
NOTES & TIPS
Slice the baguette diagonally to get a larger cross-section and therefore more surface area for the bruschetta topping. Easiest way to slice thin strips of basil: arrange a stack basil leaves piled on top of each other, tightly roll them up together, and make many slices through the tight roll. Then when you unroll, you’ll end up with many long basil strips.