Looking for low carb recipes instead? Visit the Savory Tooth Homepage.
Fried Cabbage, Potatoes, & Bacon Recipe
- 1 (10-ounce) package shredded green cabbage (5 cups)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 strips bacon
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (I use a
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook bacon on a large nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping occasionally. Transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring with bacon drippings. Cover with a lid and cook until potatoes and cabbage are tender, removing the lid to occasionally stir.
- Add minced garlic to the pan, stirring with other ingredients until fragrant, about a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add crumbled bacon and serve.
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 240 (47% from fat)|
|Total Fat 13g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Net Carb 18g|
|Total Carb 22g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||17%|
🔔 Why You Should Make This
- Quick Skillet Dinner: This is a fast dinner that feeds two, taking about 30 minutes from start to dinner. Only one pan is needed, simplifying cleanup.
- Few, Simple Ingredients: There are only six total ingredients, and that includes salt and pepper. All of these are easy to find in supermarkets.
- Great Flavors and Textures: Crispy bites of bacon complement the starchy potatoes, making this a tasty and comforting skillet dinner.
- Use Up Leftover Cabbage: If you have leftover cabbage from another meal, this is a delicious way to use it up.
- Easy Variations: Add an onion, substitute with different meats, or use purple cabbage. It’s simple to customize this recipe to your liking. For ideas on substitutions, check out the comments below from other readers.