Fried Cabbage & Potatoes
- 10-ounce package shredded green cabbage (5 cups)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 strips bacon
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fry Bacon: Cook bacon on large nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping occasionally. Transfer bacon to paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
- Cook Vegetables: Add potatoes, cabbage, salt, and pepper to pan, stirring with bacon drippings. Cover with lid and cook until potatoes and cabbage are tender, removing lid to occasionally stir.
- Finish & Serve: Add minced garlic to pan, stirring with other ingredients until fragrant, about a minute. Remove pan from heat. Add crumbled bacon and serve (Note 1).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 240 (47% from fat)|
|Total Fat 13g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Net Carb 18g|
|Total Carb 22g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||17%|