- 2 pounds sweet potatoes about 3 large, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch fries
- 2 tablespoons
- chopped fresh basil for garnish
- In a ziplock bag, toss sweet potato fries with olive oil until coated. Add dry seasonings to the bag and toss again.
- Lay out the sweet potato fries on a large baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, flip the sweet potatoes, and bake until crispy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine dip ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with baked sweet potato fries and garnish with chopped basil.
NOTES & TIPS
The most time-consuming (and difficult) part of making sweet potato fries is slicing them up. I typically cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise so that they are more manageable. Then I carefully slice them about 1/4 inch thick. It’s important to slice them to approximately the same width so that they will have similar baking times. These fries can be seasoned with your favorite spices and herbs. I used garlic, basil, and paprika, but you can spice them up however you like.