This is a one-pot recipe for marinated and roasted chicken with zucchini, tomatoes, and onions. The marinade is re-purposed to form a flavorful sauce, drizzled over the tender chicken. It's a Mediterranean / Greek inspired dinner that's low carb and keto friendly.
One-Pot Chicken & Vegetables
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
Marinate: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (Note 3)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prep Chicken: If moist, pat chicken dry with paper towels to avoid diluting marinade. Optionally, use fork to pierce chicken on all sides to increase marinade coverage. Place chicken in sealable bag or shallow dish (Note 4).
- Marinate Chicken: Stir all marinade ingredients in bowl until well-mixed. Pour marinade over chicken in sealable bag or shallow dish, arranging chicken so it's coated with marinade on all sides. Seal bag (squeezing out air) or cover dish, and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours (Note 5).
- Bake Chicken: Preheat oven to 400 F. Add tomatoes, zucchini, and onions to oven-safe pot (Note 6), briefly stirring to mix them. Add marinated chicken in single layer on top of vegetables, and pour remaining marinade over them. Bake uncovered at 400 F until chicken is cooked through (Note 7), about 45 minutes for whole chicken breasts.
- Make Sauce: Use slotted spoon to transfer chicken and vegetables to serving plates, leaving liquid behind in pot. Let chicken rest and don't slice yet (Note 8). Place pot over medium heat. Stirring frequently, simmer until liquid reduces in volume by half (1-2 tablespoons remaining) with sauce-like consistency, a few minutes.
- Serve: Pour reduced sauce over chicken. Scatter chopped parsley on top, and serve (Note 9).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 540 (52% from fat)|
|Total Fat 31g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Net Carb 9g|
|Total Carb 11.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10%|
Have you tried to grill instead of bake?
Made this last night and it was delicious. The flavours in the marinade make this dish.
Can I use a 3.3in deep cast iron?
Hi James — that should be fine.
Looks great! Trying this recipe for dinner tonight. Thank you.
I doubled the recipe and also added a small amount of fresh basil to the marinade 🙂
Just trying this for dinner. Looks good so far, very easy and simple.