One-Pot Chicken & Vegetables
- Prep Chicken: If moist, pat chicken dry with paper towels to avoid diluting marinade. Optionally, use fork to pierce chicken on all sides to increase marinade coverage. Place chicken in sealable bag or shallow dish (Note 4).
- Marinate Chicken: Stir all marinade ingredients in bowl until well-mixed. Pour marinade over chicken in sealable bag or shallow dish, arranging chicken so it's coated with marinade on all sides. Seal bag (squeezing out air) or cover dish, and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours (Note 5).
- Bake Chicken: Preheat oven to 400 F. Add tomatoes, zucchini, and onions to oven-safe pot (Note 6), briefly stirring to mix them. Add marinated chicken in single layer on top of vegetables, and pour remaining marinade over them. Bake uncovered at 400 F until chicken is cooked through (Note 7), about 45 minutes for whole chicken breasts.
- Make Sauce: Use slotted spoon to transfer chicken and vegetables to serving plates, leaving liquid behind in pot. Let chicken rest and don't slice yet (Note 8). Place pot over medium heat. Stirring frequently, simmer until liquid reduces in volume by half (1-2 tablespoons remaining) with sauce-like consistency, a few minutes.
- Serve: Pour reduced sauce over chicken. Scatter chopped parsley on top, and serve (Note 9).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 540 (52% from fat)|
|Total Fat 31g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Net Carb 9g|
|Total Carb 11.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10%|