- 8 ounces top sirloin steak
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small orange bell pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Hawaiian Steak Marinade:
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 navel orange)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (Note 1)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Make Marinade: Add all Hawaiian marinade ingredients to small saucepan. Stirring frequently, bring to simmer over medium heat. Once marinade starts to simmer, remove from heat and let stand until cooled.
- Cut Ingredients: Slice steak and pineapple into 12 pieces each, about 1 inch cubes. Cut red and orange bell peppers and red onion into 1-inch squares.
- Marinate: Add steak, pineapple, bell peppers, and red onion to gallon-sized resealable bag. Add marinade to bag and toss with ingredients. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, flipping bag halfway.
- Load Skewers: Prepare 4 skewers and load with alternating ingredients. Start with red bell pepper, then steak, red onion, orange bell pepper, and pineapple. Arrange loaded skewers on broiler-safe tray.
- Broil or Grill: Set broiler on high, and position oven rack about 6 inches below flame. Transfer tray with kabobs to oven and broil for 5 minutes, then flip kabobs and broil for another 5 minutes until steak reaches an internal temperature of 145 F (for medium doneness) and vegetables are tender. Alternatively, use grill.
- Serve: Transfer kabobs to serving platter. Sprinkle scallions and ground black pepper on top. Serve (Note 2).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 410 (12% from fat)|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Net Carb 52.5g|
|Total Carb 55.5g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||13%|