Italian Chicken Stew
- 0.75 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (Note 1)
- 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add Liquids: Add diced tomatoes (including liquid in can), chicken broth, basil, tomato paste, bay leaves, oregano, salt, and pepper to pot, stirring together until tomato paste is dissolved. Turn off sauté mode.
- Pressure Cook: Add chicken thighs to pot, submerging in liquid. Secure and seal lid. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by 10 minute natural release. Manually release remaining pressure.
- Shred Chicken: Uncover and use tongs to transfer only chicken to plate. Discard bay leaves, if desired. Turn on sauté mode for low heat. As liquid simmers, use 2 forks to shred chicken and return them to pot. Add kalamata olives.
- Thicken & Serve: Continue simmering until liquid reduces to stew consistency, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off sauté mode, and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve while hot (Note 3).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 cup):|
|Calories 230 (57% from fat)|
|Total Fat 15g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Net Carb 7.5g|
|Total Carb 10.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|