- 3/4 cup (6 oz wt.)
granular swerve sweetener(Note 1)
- 3/4 cup (3 oz wt.)
almond flour(Note 2)
- 3/4 cup (3 oz wt.) finely chopped walnuts (Note 3)
- 6 tablespoons boiling water
- 6 tablespoons oil (Note 4)
- 2/3 cup (2 oz wt.)
dutched unsweetened cocoa powder(Note 5)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- optional pinch of coarse sea salt
- Make Batter: Stir together cocoa powder, table salt, and boiling water in large mixing bowl until smooth. Add oil and eggs, carefully stirring or whisking until completely smooth, pausing halfway to scrape down bowl and mixing spoon. Batter should look like pudding. Stir in sweetener and almond flour until well-mixed. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Bake: Pour batter into lined baking dish, spreading to edges and corners. Smooth surface. Optionally, sprinkle coarse sea salt on top. Bake uncovered at 350 F for about 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center has a few moist crumbs attached. Since ovens vary, start checking at 30 minutes.
- Cool & Serve: Let brownies cool for 10 minutes, then pull up sides of foil to lift brownies from baking dish onto wire rack to avoid overcooking in baking dish. For optimally chewy brownies, cool completely for 2 hours before cutting into 16 squares and serving (Note 7).
|Makes 16 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 brownie):|
|Calories 130 (86% from fat)|
|Total Fat 12g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Net Carb 1.5g|
|Total Carb 3.5g (Note 8)||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|