Here’s a list of low carb substitutions for common food cravings, such as chocolate and ice cream. Fortunately, there are a lot of commercial products available in major supermarkets, warehouse clubs, and online marketplaces that are geared towards people who are following a low carb or keto lifestyle.
You should be able to find a low carb alternative for all of your favorite foods that you’re accustomed to eating. As expected, these products are often more expensive than their higher-carb counterparts, but I find them to be well worth it.
Some of these products use erythritol, which is my preferred sweetener as it cannot be digested by your body and does not produce an insulin response. As such, erythritol (along with fiber) should be subtracted from total carbs to calculate net carbs per serving.
You might also be interested in:
- low carb pantry stuffers that you can buy online
- common low carb shopping list for weekly groceries
- low carb recipes organized by net carbs per serving
- science supporting a low carb diet
Note: The table below is best viewed on Desktop.
* Savory Tooth favorites are marked with an asterisk.
If you crave:
Then eat this:
Costco’s Fit Crunch Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars