- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets, or 1 pound cauliflower rice (Note 1)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine Ingredients: Transfer cauliflower to
food processor. Add softened cream cheese, softened butter, shredded cheddar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process for 15 seconds to break down large ingredients, then pause to scrape down sides of bowl. Add heavy whipping cream, and process until mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Store: If making ahead of time, transfer mashed cauliflower to airtight container. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serve: Just before serving, transfer mashed cauliflower to saucepan over medium heat. Stir until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Check consistency — add more heavy cream to thin, or continue heating to thicken by evaporating excess moisture. Serve warm, as a side dish (Note 3) and adding toppings if desired (Note 4).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (3/4 cup):|
|Calories 290 (84% from fat)|
|Total Fat 27g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||82%|
|Net Carb 5g|
|Total Carb 7.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||9%|