- 6 slices white bread
- 2 (5-ounce) cans water-packed albacore tuna, drained
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix Tuna: Stir together tuna, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in bowl until well-mixed. Set aside.
- Mash Avocados: Mash avocados to chunky consistency in separate bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble: Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on one side of each bread slice. For three bread slices, distribute and evenly spread tuna mixture on side without butter. Top with tomato and cheddar slices. Lastly, spread mashed avocado on top. Place remaining bread slices on top to form sandwiches, with buttered side facing outward.
- Toast Sandwiches: Heat pan over medium-low heat. Toast sandwiches on each side until cheese is melted and bread is golden-brown, about 4 minutes per side. Slice diagonally to make 6 sandwiches.
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 500 (68% from fat)|
|Total Fat 38g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||63%|
|Net Carb 15.5g|
|Total Carb 19.5g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|