This tortellini pasta salad with Italian dressing is a quick and easy recipe, deliciously packed with mixed olives, salami, and cheese.
The past several days have been really hot, and I’ve been munching on this cold tortellini pasta salad nonstop, as if it was the only thing left to eat. This pasta salad reminds me of my insanely good pasta salad, which is an antipasto pasta salad, except this version has fewer ingredients (in other words, less chopping) and uses tortellini pasta. It’s a super simple recipe and perfect as a summer side dish for BBQs and outdoor entertaining.
I love all of the fresh flavors of the ingredients here: tortellini stuffed with basil pesto, black and green olives, salami, diced red bell pepper, and parmesan cheese. I’m quite generous with the olives here, so if you use a smaller can size, you will still end up with an appreciable amount. Make sure you get pesto filled tortellini and not the cheese filled ones — it might just be me, but they taste ten times better.
I use store-bought Italian balsamic dressing to pair with this tortellini pasta salad, but you can easily make your own. All you need is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, herbs such as oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix all of the ingredients together, and shake well before tossing with this pasta salad. Simple and delicious.
If you’re craving more summer pasta salads, check these out:
- Insanely good pasta salad – The title says it all here.
- Mexican pasta salad – Amazing flavors and textures (hello crispy bacon bits).
- Easy caprese pasta salad – Mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. Yum.
Watch the video below to learn how to make this tortellini salad:
Tortellini pasta salad with Italian dressing
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix all ingredients, tossing with the dressing.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.