With saucy ground beef topped with pickled cucumbers and spicy mayo, these lettuce wraps have a well-balanced mix of salty + sweet + sour + spicy. They can be made in under 30 minutes with just a skillet on the stovetop, and are great for keto and low carb diets with only 2.5g net carbs per serving.
- 1/3 cup
white vinegar(Note 1)
- 1/2 english cucumber, diced (Note 2)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (Note 4)
- 3 tablespoons
confectioners swerve sweetener(Note 5)
- 1 tablespoon
toasted sesame oil(Note 6)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pickle Cucumbers: Microwave vinegar in microwave-safe bowl or measuring glass until hot, about 1 minute. Stir in diced cucumbers until well-coated with vinegar. Set aside at room temperature.
- Prepare Sauces: Stir mayonnaise and sriracha in second bowl until very smooth. Stir soy sauce, sweetener, sesame oil, and garlic in third bowl until well-mixed and aromatic. Set aside.
- Brown Beef: Add beef to skillet (Note 9) over high heat. Crumbling beef with stiff utensil, cook until juices have evaporated and beef begins to fry in its own fat, 8 to 10 minutes. Keeping everything in skillet, stir in soy sauce mixture and cook until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Assemble Wraps: Divide beef mixture among lettuce leaves, prioritizing rounder cup-shaped ones. Strain out pickled cucumbers and distribute over beef. Spoon sriracha mayo on top. Serve (Note 10).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 440 (65% from fat)|
|Total Fat 32g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||39%|
|Net Carb 2.5g|
|Total Carb 3.5g (Note 11)||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
I made it two weeks ago and it’s been requested again this week – tonight. I added a sprinkle of Chinese Five Spice to the ground beef mixture, and will again. The spicy mayo is a must! Fun dinner…like making tacos when I was a kid.
I used ground chicken. Added ginger paste to the meat. Added a clove of fresh garlic and half a red onion to the pickling liquid with the cucumbers. AMAZING! Hubs and I are in love with this recipe! I can’t wait to make it for guests!
Simple and delicious. The flavor was amazing. I made it with chopped asparagus, and tossed an over medium egg on top. Served as a bowl. So so delicious.
These were amazing! My (Asian) husband loved it and ate the entire dish (minus my portion). We used brown sugar because we aren’t keto. Cant wait to make again!
Amazing recipe and simple for Keto beginners such as myself. My husband is really surprised at how satisfied he is after this meal!!
Love, love, love this recipe! Definitely will make again!
I cannot wait to make these! Your Keto recipes are awesome! Thanks for sharing!