- Prepare Chicken: Pat chicken dry with paper towels and trim off excess fat, if any. Cut into 1-inch chunks. Stir together yogurt, salt, and pepper in large bowl until well-mixed. Add chicken chunks and stir until well-coated with yogurt.
- Sear Chicken: Heat large nonstick pan (Note 7) over high heat until very hot. Add half of yogurt-covered chicken chunks to pan and spread out. Cook until golden brown and a bit charred, a few minutes, while stirring and flipping chicken to sear all sides. As they finish searing, transfer to large plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Sauté Onions: Reduce to medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter to now-empty pan, spreading around until melted. Add chopped onions and cook for about 5 minutes to soften, stirring frequently and loosening any browned bits stuck to bottom of pan. Add minced garlic and all spices, stirring for a minute until aromatic.
- Simmer Sauce: Add tomato sauce and heavy cream, stirring for a minute until mixed. Add seared chicken chunks (without drippings) to pan and submerge in sauce; no need to stir. Bring sauce to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and decreasing heat as needed to maintain light simmer. Chicken should be cooked through and sauce should be slightly thickened and orange.
- Finish & Serve: Add 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and 2 tablespoons butter to sauce, stirring until melted. Turn off heat. Serve into bowls (Note 8), and garnish with 1 tablespoon cilantro.
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 560 (56% from fat)|
|Total Fat 35g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||107%|
|Net Carb 8.5g|
|Total Carb 11.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|