For Vegetables (Note 1):
- 3 bell peppers (1 green, 1 red, 1 orange), cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bake Vegetables: Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position of oven, and preheat to 475 F. Spread out bell pepper strips, onion rings, and garlic slices on baking
half sheet(Note 3). Evenly sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper over them, then drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top. Toss everything directly on baking sheet until well-seasoned, then spread out evenly. Bake at 475 F for 10 minutes; while baking, proceed to next step.
- Prepare Chicken: Pat chicken dry with paper towels, and cut each breast widthwise into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices. Stir together 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl until well-mixed. Use tongs to toss chicken slices with seasoning mix in medium mixing bowl until well-coated.
- Bake Everything Together: When vegetables have finished baking, remove baking sheet from oven. Use spatula to scrape along bottom of baking sheet to loosen and flip vegetables. Spread them out again. Use tongs to evenly distribute seasoned chicken slices on top of vegetables. Return baking sheet to oven, baking at 475 F until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve (Note 4) or save for later (Note 5).
|Makes 3 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Net Carb 8.5g|
|Total Carb 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14%|