This ground beef picadillo is a fragrant Cuban chili with onions, olives, and warm spices like cinnamon and cumin. It's great for anyone on a keto, low carb, or paleo diet. For more quick and easy meals, check out these one-pan dinners.
- 1 pound ground beef (Note 1)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
baking soda(Note 2)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Marinate Beef: Stir water, salt, baking soda, and black pepper in mixing bowl until baking soda is dissolved. Evenly pour marinade over beef, stirring or using hands to work it into the meat until it's just absorbed. Set aside.
- Cook Vegetables: Heat olive oil in large pan (Note 5) over medium heat until hot. Add chopped bell pepper and onion, cooking until softened and lightly browned, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and all dried spices until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Reduce to medium-low heat. Stir in tomato sauce, about 30 seconds.
- Cook Beef: Add beef and olives, and increase back to medium heat. Cook until beef is browned and some of the released liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently to crumble beef, 10 to 15 minutes (Note 6).
- Serve: Serve into bowls, and top with fresh cilantro (Note 7).
|Makes 3 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Total Fat 24g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||37%|
|Net Carb 7.5g|
|Total Carb 10g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||11%|
We made this last night and it was delicious. We used castelvetrano olives which are my favorites and kicked it up with some heat. Super quick and easy to make.
Oh this looks good! I love the inclusion of green olives in with the meal. wonderful.
Made it today with elk burger a friend gave me. Delicious!