- 1 cup sugar-free marinara sauce (Note 3)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Form Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350 F.
Prepare 9×13 inch baking dish, optionally lined with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup; set aside. Knead all meatball ingredients using hands in large mixing bowl until combined. Form into 16 to 18 meatballs, 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter, placing them in baking dish without touching each other.
- Bake Meatballs: Bake uncovered at 350 F until meatballs are cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes (Note 4). While waiting, make sauce in next step and prepare desired toppings.
- Make Sauce: Bring marinara sauce to a simmer in small saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Over low heat, stir in heavy whipping cream until sauce turns orange. Keep warm over low heat while waiting for meatballs to cook.
- Serve (Note 5): Transfer cooked meatballs onto serving plates, leaving grease behind in baking dish. Pour sauce over meatballs, and top with parmesan, parsley, and crushed red pepper. Serve while hot.
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (8-9 meatballs):|
|Calories 540 (32% from fat)|
|Total Fat 19g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||112%|
|Net Carb 6g|
|Total Carb 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|