- 1 pound extra lean ground beef (Note 1)
- 14-ounce can
- 6 cups small broccoli florets (Note 2)
- 1.75 cups shredded cheddar cheese (Note 3)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (Note 4)
- 1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut any broccoli florets larger than 2 inches into smaller pieces, and add all broccoli to large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until tender, about 5 minutes. Let them drain and steam out on paper towels (Note 5).
- Make Beef-Tomato Mixture: If wet, pat ground beef dry with paper towels. Add beef to large pan over medium heat. Crumbling beef with stiff utensil, cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Keeping everything in pan, stir in tomato sauce, celery, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Simmer for at least 10 minutes to thicken sauce (Note 5), stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and let moisture steam out.
- Bake & Cool: Bake uncovered at 375 F until casserole begins bubbling up sides and starts to brown on top, about 20 minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into it. Serve (Note 7).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 370 (45% from fat)|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||53%|
|Net Carb 5.5g|
|Total Carb 9.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|