Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (Note 1)
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare Chicken: Preheat oven to 425 F. Slice each chicken breast in half; resulting pieces should be no thicker than 1/2 inch (Note 4). If moist, pat dry with paper towels. Spread out chicken pieces in single layer on baking tray lined with
parchment paper. Season both sides of chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make Topping: Cook spinach on skillet on stovetop until wilted. Separately, microwave cream cheese until very soft, about 20 seconds. Stir together cooked spinach, softened cream cheese, cheddar, tomatoes, and garlic in bowl until well-mixed. Evenly spread mixture across tops of chicken pieces.
- Bake: Bake uncovered at 425 F until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes, depending on size of chicken pieces. Let cool at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving (Note 5).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 480 (41% from fat)|
|Total Fat 22g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Net Carb 7g|
|Total Carb 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|