- 3/4 to 1 pound salmon (Note 1)
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make Relish: Stir together all relish ingredients in bowl until well-mixed. Set aside.
- Prepare Salmon: Cut salmon into 2 equal-sized fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each, and pat dry with paper towels. Place fillets skin-side down on cold nonstick skillet (Note 4), and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook Salmon: Place skillet over medium-high heat. Don’t move fillets during cooking. Cook until bottom 1/4 to 1/2 inch of fillets are opaque, 5 to 8 minutes, then flip each fillet using tongs. Continue cooking fillets until thickest part registers 125 F with
instant-read thermometer, 3 to 8 minutes depending on thickness, then immediately transfer to serving plates. For thicker salmon: if fillet is getting too blackened, rotate fillet onto its side.
- Serve: Spoon relish over tops of salmon fillets, and serve (Notes 5-6).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 490 (54% from fat)|
|Total Fat 29g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Net Carb 2.5g|
|Total Carb 3.5g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|