Transform ordinary zucchini into deliciously crunchy finger food using this easy keto-friendly recipe. The breading is made from almond flour and parmesan cheese, which keeps the carb count low. Once fried, the exterior turns crunchy and golden brown, a nice contrast with the juicy interior.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup
almond flour(Note 3)
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (Note 4)
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon
smoked paprika(Note 5)
- 1/4 teaspoon
ground cayenne(Note 6)
- Prep Breading Station: Whisk egg and heavy cream in bowl until combined and pale yellow. Stir together all breading ingredients in another bowl until well-mixed with no clumps. Prepare large tray lined with
parchment paperto hold breaded zucchini (Note 7). Set both bowls and tray in a line.
- Bread Zucchini: Working with one zucchini slice at a time, coat zucchini first in egg wash bowl, then in breading bowl. See Note 8 for breading tips. Place breaded zucchini slices on prepared parchment paper as each zucchini slice is breaded in turn.
- Heat Oil: Add 1 to 2 inches of oil to pan over medium-high heat. Heat oil to 350 F, and frequently monitor to maintain temperature by adjusting heat level during frying. Alternatively, use
deep fryer with automatic temperature control.
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (4-5 zucchini coins):|
|Calories 130 (66% from fat)|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||16%|
|Net Carb 2g|
|Total Carb 3.5g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||7%|
These were yummy and sooo easy. The hardest part was letting them cool enough to prevent burning our mouths!