- Marinate Chicken: Stir all marinade ingredients in large bowl until well-mixed, turning light orange or tan. Cut chicken into 1-inch or smaller chunks, and stir them into marinade until well-coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Assemble Skewers: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 F, and prepare baking
half sheet lined with parchment paperfor easy cleanup. After soaking skewers, thread about 4 chicken chunks per skewer, leaving half of each skewer empty for handling. Place chicken skewers in single layer on lined baking sheet.
- Cook Chicken: Bake at 450 F for 10 minutes, flip skewers, and bake for another 10 minutes or until chicken looks dry, browning in some spots, and its released liquid pooled on baking sheet has evaporated. Or, you can grill them.
- Make Sauce: While waiting for chicken to cook, whisk together all peanut sauce ingredients in small saucepan over medium-low heat until very smooth, a few minutes. Reduce to low heat to keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Serve (Note 7): Transfer chicken skewers onto serving plate. Brush peanut sauce over chicken. Top with sliced scallions, and serve while warm.
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (2-3 chicken skewers):|
|Calories 330 (54% from fat)|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||16%|
|Net Carb 3g|
|Total Carb 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|