This is a quick and easy recipe for making a tasty tofu stir fry with a spicy and flavor-packed Asian sauce. A low carb and vegetarian skillet meal.
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons
soy sauce(Note 1)
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons
rice vinegar(Note 3)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice (Note 4)
- 1 teaspoon
- Combine Sauce: Stir together all sauce ingredients in bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Cook Tofu: Heat large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add tofu cubes and cook until released liquid has evaporated and tofu starts to turn light yellow, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Eggs: Crack eggs over pan, immediately stirring with tofu to scramble. Stir until eggs are cooked, about 1 minute.
- Add Sauce: Give sauce a stir and pour over pan. Stir everything together so tofu is well coated in sauce, simmering for a few minutes.
- Finish & Serve: Remove pan from heat. Stir in scallions and mayonnaise. Serve immediately (Note 5).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 450 (66% from fat)|
|Total Fat 33g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Net Carb 10g|
|Total Carb 12.5g (Note 6)||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||11%|
Very good! My whole family enjoyed it!
I was sceptical about this but it was so lovely! Had it with the suggested cucumber salad and it felt very ‘naughty’. Will make again
I’ve never cooked tofu before, but it was surprisingly easy! This was delicious and full of flavor. I served it over cauliflower rice. Yum! (Next time, I will probably add some extra veggies, but it was really good the way it was, too.)
Update: I accidentally put 4 stars, but I meant to click 5 and I can’t figure out how to change it. Sorry!
Absolutely delicious even without the hot sauce. My husband thought it was out of this world!
Really enjoyed this recipe. I will be making it spicier next time.
Loved this recipe I found by accident!!! So flavorful and low carb!! Yummilicious!!
OMG LOVE THIS!! It’s hard to find flavorful, filling recipes for “ketotarians” – I will definitely be making this again.
This tofu is fantastic. Totally converted my non-tofu loving partner and toddler. And it’s so easy! Making it again tonight.
This was very good, fast and easy to make. I used just ne tablespoon sriracha and forgot the mayonnaise but we liked it a lot. Will definitely make again.