- Prepare Equipment: Prepare tray large enough to hold 12 cookies in single layer. Line with
- Make Dough: Add sweetener, peanut butter, cream, cocoa, and vanilla to nonstick saucepan (Note 5); do not add coconut yet. Place saucepan over medium-low heat, and use stiff utensil to constantly stir until thick and smooth dough forms, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Mix In Coconut: Add shredded coconut to saucepan with dough. Stir to combine together until incorporated and well-distributed. If easier, use hands to knead coconut into dough.
- Form Cookies: Form dough into 12 equal-sized balls, about 1.5 inches in diameter. Spread out on lined tray. Use turner spatula to press down on each ball to form cookie shape, about 2 to 2.5 inches in diameter.
- Chill & Serve: Refrigerate until fully hardened, about 2 hours. Serve cold (Note 6).
|Makes 12 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 cookie):|
|Calories 100 (81% from fat)|
|Total Fat 9g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Net Carb 2g|
|Total Carb 4.5g (Note 7)||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10%|