Enjoy delicious coconut and chocolate flavors in these simple low carb cookies. No baking is involved, and you only need six ingredients total. No egg or flour is used.
- Prepare Equipment: Prepare tray large enough to hold 12 cookies in single layer. Line with
- Make Dough: Add sweetener, peanut butter, cream, cocoa, and vanilla to nonstick saucepan (Note 5); do not add coconut yet. Place saucepan over medium-low heat, and use stiff utensil to constantly stir until thick and smooth dough forms, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Mix In Coconut: Add shredded coconut to saucepan with dough. Stir to combine together until incorporated and well-distributed. If easier, use hands to knead coconut into dough.
- Form Cookies: Form dough into 12 equal-sized balls, about 1.5 inches in diameter. Spread out on lined tray. Use turner spatula to press down on each ball to form cookie shape, about 2 to 2.5 inches in diameter.
- Chill & Serve: Refrigerate until fully hardened, about 2 hours. Serve cold (Note 6).
|Makes 12 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 cookie):|
|Calories 100 (81% from fat)|
|Total Fat 9g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Net Carb 2g|
|Total Carb 4.5g (Note 7)||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10%|
I made these the other day I have no shame in the fact that I ate all of them within 2 days. I’m making a double batch this time. .. wish me the best in trying to maintain my little bit of self control.
This is a super easy recipe and I followed it exactly; however I definitely smelled and tasted the peanut butter in the finished product. This did not necessarily detract from the yumminess of the cookie, but I think that next time I’ll use almond butter instead to tone it down a little.
Addie, have tried this yet w/ almond butter? If so, were any adjustments needed, in your opinion? i was thinking the same thing in trying another nut butter as I’m not a huge fan of chocolate & peanut butter together. I think it may be that they are each such strong, rich flavors on their own~ too rich for me perhaps, all at once. Thanks, in advance, for any further info.
Lovely! I added some peppermint essence to this and loved the kick it gave. I needed something sweet and indulgent but easy to make and this recipe is perfect
This is my goto no bake cookie recipe – thanks so much!
A really easy to make sweet treat, I’m very satisfied. I have a chocolate/sugar addiction & these bad boys take away the cravings. The good thing is that you can enjoy them guilt free too 😊
I don’t see anywhere in the instructions that you mention the cream. When do you add it? Is it actually part of the recipe?
The cream is mentioned in Step 2 of the recipe: “Add sweetener, peanut butter, cream, cocoa, and vanilla to nonstick saucepan”