Looking for a simple yet tasty side dish? These colorful baked vegetables are low in carbs and conveniently cook at the same rate. Baked at 475 F, these vegetables are baked hot and quick, with a nice browned exterior in some spots yet juicy and tender within. Since roasting brings out their delicious intrinsic flavors, no seasoning besides salt and pepper is needed.
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 orange), cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wide slices
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, then cut widthwise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prep Oven: Position oven rack in lower-middle position of oven, and preheat to 475 F.
- Season Veggies: Spread out bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and garlic on baking
half sheet, no greasing or lining needed. Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper over them, then drizzle olive oil on top. Mix everything together directly on baking sheet until well-seasoned, then spread out vegetables in single layer (Note 1).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Net Carb 6g|
|Total Carb 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|