- 1.5 cups
almond flour(Note 1)
- 1/3 cup
confectioners swerve sweetener(Note 2)
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted, plus more for greasing dish
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cored, seeded, diced jalapeño (Note 3)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (Note 4)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon
ground cayenne(Note 5)
- Prepare Ingredients: Whisk almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and cayenne in mixing bowl until well-mixed. In separate mixing bowl, beat melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract using electric
hand mixeruntil combined, about 30 seconds on low speed.
- Make Batter: Add dry mixture to bowl with wet mixture, then beat until incorporated and smooth, about 30 seconds on low speed. Batter should be thick (Note 7). Use rubber spatula to stir in jalapeños, scallions, and only half of cheese until well-distributed in batter.
- Bake: Transfer batter to prepared baking dish. Use spatula to spread batter to edges and corners, and smooth surface. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake at 350 F until inserted toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs, about 25 minutes.
- Cool & Serve: Let cornbread cool in baking dish for about 10 minutes, then slide knife around edges to release. Cut into 9 squares, and serve warm or save for later (Note 8).
|Makes 9 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 square):|
|Calories 220 (78% from fat)|
|Total Fat 19g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||29%|
|Net Carb 2g|
|Total Carb 4g (Note 9)||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|