Turkey Mushroom Bake
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 375 F. Set aside
8×8 inch baking dishor any high-sided 2-quart baking dish; no need to grease.
- Cook Mushrooms: Add mushrooms to large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until tender and significantly shrunken in appearance, about 5 minutes. Their volume should be reduced to about 2 cups. Drain in
colanderand let stand to steam out while preparing sauce in next step.
- Make Sauce: Add all sauce ingredients to small saucepan. Stir together over medium heat to combine. Bring to simmer, then turn off heat.
- Assemble Casserole: Add turkey, mushrooms, and half of cheddar cheese to baking dish. Pour sauce on top, using rubber spatula to scrape down saucepan. Carefully stir everything directly in baking dish until well-mixed. Top with remaining cheddar cheese, and even out surface. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake Casserole: Bake at 375 F until heated through and starting to brown on top, about 30 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes to set. Serve (Note 4), including any sauce collected along bottom of baking dish.
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 450 (56% from fat)|
|Total Fat 28g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Net Carb 4g|
|Total Carb 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|