Brussels sprouts are oven roasted with bacon, garlic, parmesan cheese, and balsamic vinegar. Enjoy this flavor-packed side dish during the colder months and holiday season.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (Note 1)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (Note 2)
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 400 F. Set aside baking sheet lined with foil. Toss together brussels sprouts, bacon, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in large mixing bowl until well-mixed. Spread them out in single layer (Note 3) on lined baking sheet.
- Bake: Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake at 400 F for 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven; drizzle with balsamic vinegar, toss or flip brussels sprouts and bacon, and evenly sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake for another 10 minutes (Note 4) or until brussels sprouts are tender. Serve warm (Note 5).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 190 (53% from fat)|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||16%|
|Net Carb 5.5g|
|Total Carb 9.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
I love brussels, pretty much in any form. My favorite are from Family Dog (http://www.thefamilydogatl.com/) in Virginia Highlands in Atlanta, GA. This is the absolute closest recipe that I can come to with their’s…minus the parmesean). Absolutely perfect side for a number of dishes, or if you are feeling the veg, as a main course….
These are wonderful! I’d have to skip the balsamic vinegar if I wanted my husband to eat them, but I could use a little maple syrup…