An easy stir fry with ground pork, broccoli, and a simple sauce. Low carb and keto friendly dinner.
This basic pork stir fry only takes 30 minutes from start to finish, with less than 10 ingredients total. It’s ideal for busy weeknights when you need dinner in a pinch.
The pork is tossed with corn starch before searing on the pan, yielding tender and moist meat, and the sauce is a simple mix of low sodium soy sauce, minced garlic, and a sweetener.
I use two pans for this recipe. For the main stir fry, I use a high-sided nonstick pan that’s 10 inches wide and 3 inches tall, which is large enough to hold all of the ingredients.
For the sauce, any kind of small saucepan will do. I use a 1-quart nonstick pan, which can easily fit the sauce ingredients.
Tips For Preparing Ingredients
This recipe moves fast. This is definitely one of those dishes where you want to have all ingredients measured, prepped, and ready to go. Once you start cooking, you won’t be able to pause and prep ingredients.
I recommend chopping the broccoli into small florets, no larger than 1 1/2 inches. They’ll cook faster that way. Also check that the florets are roughly the same size so that they cook evenly.
Pay attention to the type of soy sauce you use — I recommend low or reduced sodium versions to avoid an overly salty stir fry. Note that this is not the same as “light” soy sauce.
For the sweetener, I use swerve, which has no carb impact and measures the same as sugar. You can use any sweetener you prefer; just make any necessary conversions or add to taste.
Simple Pork Stir Fry With Broccoli
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 ounces small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Pat the ground pork dry with paper towels, if moist. Add ground pork to a large bowl, and evenly sprinkle with corn starch. Use your hands to work it in until well-mixed. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wide pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes or until hot. Add ground pork to the pan and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Add broccoli to the pan and stir with the ground pork. Add beef broth. Cook until the broccoli is nearly tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the pan gets too dry, add more beef broth.
- While waiting for the broccoli to cook, add and stir sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan. Place over medium-low heat until it starts to simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once it starts to simmer, reduce to low heat to keep the sauce warm.
- Evenly pour the sauce over the pork and broccoli, and stir well to coat with the sauce. Cook for another few minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in scallions. Taste and add salt, pepper, and sweetener as needed. Serve while hot.
|Nutrition Facts Per Serving|
|Total Fat 14g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carb 9.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|