This basic pork and broccoli stir fry only takes 30 minutes from start to finish, with fewer than 10 ingredients total. The pork is tossed with corn starch before searing on a pan, yielding tender and moist meat, and the sauce is a simple mix of soy sauce, minced garlic, and sweetener.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 cups small broccoli florets (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Prepare: Pat ground pork dry with paper towels. Place pork in large bowl and evenly sprinkle with corn starch. Use hands to work it in until well-mixed, then set aside. Before proceeding with recipe, verify all ingredients are measured, prepared, and ready to go.
- Cook Pork & Broccoli: Heat oil in 10-inch sauté pan (Note 4) over medium-high heat for a few minutes or until hot. Add ground pork to pan and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes, crumbling meat with stiff utensil. Add broccoli to pan and stir with pork. Add beef broth. Cook until broccoli is nearly tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If pan gets too dry, add more beef broth. Meanwhile, proceed to next step to make sauce.
- Make Sauce: While waiting for broccoli to cook, stir together all sauce ingredients in small saucepan over medium-low heat until starting to simmer, about 5 minutes, then reduce to low heat to keep sauce warm.
- Serve: Evenly pour sauce over pork and broccoli in pan, stirring until everything is well-coated with sauce. Cook for another few minutes or until broccoli is tender. Turn off heat, and stir in scallions. Taste, adjusting salt, pepper, and sweetener as needed. Serve hot (Note 5).
|Makes 3 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 380 (33% from fat)|
|Total Fat 14g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Net Carb 7.5g|
|Total Carb 9.5g (Note 6)||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Very tasty. We all loved it as I knew we would. So I made enough for two days. Will taste even better tomorrow. Green beans also go well with this recipe (I added them). Highly recommend this. It’s easy and comes together fast.
So yummy! I added carrots, onion and other veggies to it also. I will definitely be making this again.
Loved this recipe! I used half a pound instead of 1 lb of pork and used more broccoli. Turned out so delicious over rice. Yum! 5 stars!
Thank, this was excellent! I used frozen broccoli and just sauted it. I followed all other instructions (unlike normally). I have so much ground pork and beef frozen that I need to use up and this was a hit. Perfect for me as I am a bariatric patient.
I really like the flavor of the sauce. I will make it again but next time I’m going to sauté broccoli zucchini squash and onion. I like a lot of textures. Also, you could sub in chicken breast as the meat. The base flavor is pretty good tho
This was so simple, but I am shocked at how amazing it turned out! I have 2 extremely picky toddlers, and every single person in this house had seconds! I served it over rice for them, but the adults had it keto style and my oldest daughter actually asked me if I could make it again the next night. This is staying in my recipe box forever!
**NOTE: I only had frozen broccoli, so I threw that in a pan to thaw and then cooked it with my meat. I also only had chicken broth on hand, still tasted great!
Excellent go to recipe! Thank you.
Excellent!! We made as is and the flavor was spot on.
I also added mini bell peppers, onion, and carrots. So yummy!
I think this recipe came out perfect. There’s no depth of flavor to it except the soy sauce and garlic so make sure you have enough pepper, sweetener and salt at the end and leave all the cooking liquids in the pot so the taste is light enough.
Great recipe! Easy, loved the flavor and the pork was so tender. Thanks!
Can Tapioca starch be used?
I haven’t tested this recipe with tapioca starch, so I can’t say how it’ll turn out. I recommend using corn starch since it tenderizes the meat.