Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Prepare Pork: Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Trim off excess fat. Generously season all sides with salt and pepper.
- Sauté Pork & Onions: Add pork chops to pot in single layer and fry in bacon grease, a few minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Add onions and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off sauté mode. Add water, stirring and briefly scraping up flavorful brown bits stuck to bottom of pot. Return pork to pot, arranging chops side-by-side on top of onions.
- Pressure Cook: Secure and seal lid. Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes, followed by natural pressure release (Note 5). Uncover and transfer only pork chops onto serving plates.
- Make Sauce: Turn on sauté mode. Add heavy cream and dijon mustard to pot, stirring together. Boil for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally. Turn off sauté mode and stir for a minute until boiling subsides. Stir in parmesan cheese until melted.
- Serve: Spoon sauce on top of pork chops, and top with crispy bacon. Serve (Note 6).
|Makes 3 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 500 (52% from fat)|
|Total Fat 29g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||76%|
|Net Carb 3g|
|Total Carb 3.5g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|