Filling and Wrapping:
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Soften Wrappers: Remove dumpling wraps from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature to soften while proceeding to next step.
- Make Filling: Stir together raw beef, ginger, sesame oil, and salt in large mixing bowl until combined into smooth and sticky mixture. Stir in scallions.
- Wrap Dumplings: Set aside small dish of water. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of beef filling onto single wrapper (Note 3). Dip finger into water and run it along round edges of wrapper to moisten. Fold wrapper in half and pinch along edges to seal, using more water if needed. Repeat until beef filling is used up. Drape damp paper towel over assembled dumplings to avoid drying out. Freeze if making ahead of time (Note 4).
- Pan Fry: Heat oil in nonstick pan over medium heat for a few minutes until hot. Add dumplings to pan in single layer and cook until browned on bottom, about 5 minutes. Pour about 2 tablespoons of water over dumplings and cover with lid until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Work in batches if pan cannot fit all simultaneously.
- Serve: Uncover and transfer cooked dumplings to serving plates. Combine sauce ingredients in dip bowl, and serve with dumplings.
|Makes 5 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (6 dumplings):|
|Calories 520 (45% from fat)|
|Total Fat 26g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Net Carb 38g|
|Total Carb 39g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|