Check out the recipe below, followed by photos, cooking tips, and reader reviews.
Balsamic roasted broccoli salad with garlic(Ratings: )
For tossing and marinating:
Add just prior to baking:
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Using a large ziplock bag, toss all of the marinade ingredients together. Let all of the vegetables get coated and well-acquainted with all of the delicious flavors here. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer all of the ziplock bag’s contents into a baking dish. Spread out the ingredients so that the broccoli sits in a single layer. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 350 F until the broccoli is tender and starting to brown and crisp, about 30 minutes.
I love how this recipe has such strong and bold flavors. The broccoli florets and chopped carrots are marinated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar prior to baking, and it just brings out so much flavor and smells SO GOOD. Really, balsamic vinegar is one of my favorite pantry items because it’s very versatile and tasty. And moving on to the best part of this roasted broccoli salad: THE GARLIC. Loads of it. I recommend using at least 10 cloves. If you’re a huge garlic fan like I am, you’ll want to use that many and maybe more.
The texture of this broccoli salad is perfect. There’s the crispiness of roasted broccoli, the crunch of chopped peanuts, and the soft bites of sun-dried tomatoes. Everything comes together really well here. I can guarantee you that even the pickiest vegetable eater will love this roasted broccoli salad!
There are only a few key ingredients in this recipe, so it’s easy to swap vegetables depending on your preferences. You can use cauliflower instead of broccoli, maybe sweet potato instead of carrots, etc. You get the idea. Use this recipe as a general template and feel free to use whichever vegetables are convenient for you. This time of the year is perfect for warm salads and roasted vegetable dinners.
If you like this roasted broccoli salad, check out my other broccoli-centric recipes! Here are my favorites: