- 10-ounce package cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes (Note 1)
- 10-ounce package spinach, roughly chopped (Note 2)
- 4 large eggs
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (Note 3)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sauté: Melt butter in large pan (Note 4) over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic, and black pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook until tomatoes are softened and starting to peel, about 5 minutes. Increase to medium-high heat. Add half of spinach, constantly stirring until wilted, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining spinach. Stirring frequently, continue cooking until tomatoes have broken down and nearly all released liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble Casserole: Transfer pan's contents to
8×8 inch baking dish(Note 5), spreading evenly along bottom of dish, including edges and corners. Whisk eggs, heavy cream, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and salt in large bowl until well-mixed and pale yellow. Carefully pour mixture over tomatoes and spinach in baking dish.
- Make Ahead: If making ahead of time, cover baking dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake, up to 1 day in advance. Keep 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (used for topping) separate from casserole.
- Bake: Preheat oven to 350 F. Take casserole out of refrigerator, discarding plastic wrap. Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese on top. Bake uncovered at 350 F until top is puffy and golden, about 40 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center should come out clean.
- Serve: Cool casserole at room temperature until interior is set, about 15 minutes. Cut into 4 squares, and serve (Note 6).
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (4×4-inch square):|
|Calories 350 (69% from fat)|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||84%|
|Net Carb 4.5g|
|Total Carb 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10%|