- 2 large Russet potatoes about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 small lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Add canola oil, potatoes, salt, and pepper to a wok. Stir until the potatoes are well-coated with oil.
- Place the wok over medium-high heat. Cook until browned and tender, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently so that the potatoes are evenly cooked. Add more oil if the wok gets dry.
- Add peppers, onions, and garlic to the wok. Cook until the peppers and onions are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the wok from heat. Stir in lemon juice and scallions. Serve while hot.
NOTES & TIPS
Pan. Use a pan that is sufficiently large, which will allow you to cook the potato chunks both evenly and quickly. I use a 14-inch nonstick wok, and I recommend that you also use a wok or a large pan (12 inches or larger). You can use a smaller pan, but you may need to increase your cooking time. Crispiness. Make sure that your burner is hot enough, and avoid stirring constantly. Medium-high heat is perfect and medium heat is not hot enough. You’ll know when your pan is hot enough when your potatoes are getting browned and a bit charred. You want to stir frequently (a few seconds every minute or so) so that the potatoes get evenly cooked, but not constantly, or else they will not have time to develop a crisp skin.