Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into thin strips (Note 1)
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1/2-inch strips (Note 2)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions (Note 3)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon for cooking
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make Egg Mixture: Whisk eggs, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and black pepper in mixing bowl until beaten, with small or no streaks of egg white remaining. Briefly stir in red pepper strips, half of salmon, and half of scallions until coated in egg mixture (Note 4).
- Cook Eggs: Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in 10-inch nonstick pan over medium-high heat until very hot, a few minutes. Carefully pour egg mixture over hot pan. Immediately use rubber spatula to constantly and firmly scrape along bottom of pan until eggs clump together and are no longer liquid, less than a minute (if your eggs are very cold, it can take longer). Turn off heat.
- Serve: Transfer scrambled eggs onto serving dishes. Lay remaining salmon strips over scrambled eggs, and scatter remaining scallions on top. Serve (Notes 5-6).
|Makes 2 Servings (Note 7)|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 310 (70% from fat)|
|Total Fat 24g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||27%|
|Net Carb 7.5g|
|Total Carb 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||1%|