- 24 ounces salsa verde
- 1 pound boneless pork
- 1 Russet potato peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 5 cloves garlic minced
cooked white ricefor serving
Place pork on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add garlic.
- Add half of the salsa verde. Turn the pork over a few times to coat it in the sauce.
- Add the potato chunks and then the remainder of the salsa verde on top.
- Set the slow cooker to cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- After it’s done cooking, use two forks to break up the pork meat. It should shred easily. Mix all of the ingredients well, so that the newly shredded pork gets to soak up the sauce. While you’re mixing, break up the potato chunks into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- When the stew is well-mixed to your liking, pour over cooked white rice to serve.
NOTES & TIPS
I am using store-bought salsa verde for this easy stew. You can either cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours — I’ve tried both ways and there’s no difference — and when it’s done you can serve over cooked white rice.