- 6 ounces
- 12 ounces raw boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks (if you have cooked chicken, that’s fine too)
- 10 cloves garlic chopped
28 ounce can diced tomatoesliquid included
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2.5 cups shredded cheese mix of cheddar, Monterey jack, mozzarella, and asiago
- 2 cups whole milk
For the herb topping:
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup
panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dried herbs mix of thyme, basil, and parsley
- Set the oven to 400 F. Spray cooking oil on a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan.
- Add and distribute all of the casserole ingredients onto the pan. Stir so that the ingredients are mixed.
- Tightly cover the pan with two layers of foil, and place in the oven to bake until the pasta and chicken are cooked, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn the oven up to broil. Prepare the herb topping by mixing all of the topping ingredients together.
- Remove the foil from the pan. Distribute the herb topping over the casserole. Place the uncovered pan back in the oven and let it broil until the topping is browned and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Let the casserole cool before scooping into it, about 10 minutes.