- Heat cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and chiles, cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add pineapple chunks and diced bell pepper to the pan. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Add shallots to the pan, stirring it in, cooking about a minute. Crack eggs over the pan, immediately scrambling it and mixing it with other ingredients. Cook until the eggs are done, about a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cooked white rice. Drizzle soy sauce and fish sauce over the rice. Mix everything together, breaking up any clumps of white rice. Cook until everything is well mixed, the rice is hot, and the pan is dry, about a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in basil leaves until they are wilted and well mixed. Serve immediately.
NOTES & TIPS
You’ll want all of the ingredients prepared ahead of time and ready to go, because once you start cooking, everything happens pretty fast. I usually have all of my ingredients chopped and sitting in prep bowls, and then I just throw them in the pan when it’s their turn.