- Prepare Steak: If moist, pat steak dry using paper towels. Thinly slice against grain into 1/4 inch thick strips (Note 5), and toss with corn starch in large bowl until well coated. Set aside.
- Prepare Shrimp: Peel and remove veins from shrimp. If moist, pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Make Sauce: Add all sauce ingredients to small saucepan. Occasionally stirring, bring to simmer over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes. Once simmering, reduce to low heat to keep sauce warm; meanwhile, proceed to next step.
- Cook Steak: Heat oil in large wide pan (Note 6) over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot. Add sliced beef to hot pan and cook until mostly browned, a few minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to plate.
- Cook Shrimp: Add shrimp to now-empty pan in single layer. Cook until turning pink around edges, then flip and cook for another minute or until cooked through.
- Finish & Serve: Return beef to pan and pour sauce on top. Stir for a minute to let beef and shrimp soak up sauce. Turn off heat. Stir in scallions and serve immediately (Note 7).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 500 (33% from fat)|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||26%|
|Net Carb 10g|
|Total Carb 10g (Note 8)||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|