Surf and turf is seafood and red meat, commonly in the form of shrimp and steak. This recipe serves up surf and turf in the form of a stir fry, slicing the beef for faster cooking, paired with a bold Asian-inspired sauce.
- 3/4 pound flank steak (Note 1)
- 3/4 pound fresh shrimp
- 1 tablespoon
corn starch(Note 2)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup
low-sodium soy sauce(Note 3)
- 3 tablespoons sugar or
swerve sweetener(Note 4)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare Steak: If moist, pat steak dry using paper towels. Thinly slice against grain into 1/4 inch thick strips (Note 5), and toss with corn starch in large bowl until well coated. Set aside.
- Prepare Shrimp: Peel and remove veins from shrimp. If moist, pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Make Sauce: Add all sauce ingredients to small saucepan. Occasionally stirring, bring to simmer over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes. Once simmering, reduce to low heat to keep sauce warm; meanwhile, proceed to next step.
- Cook Steak: Heat oil in large wide pan (Note 6) over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot. Add sliced beef to hot pan and cook until mostly browned, a few minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to plate.
- Cook Shrimp: Add shrimp to now-empty pan in single layer. Cook until turning pink around edges, then flip and cook for another minute or until cooked through.
- Finish & Serve: Return beef to pan and pour sauce on top. Stir for a minute to let beef and shrimp soak up sauce. Turn off heat. Stir in scallions and serve immediately (Note 7).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 500 (33% from fat)|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||26%|
|Net Carb 10g|
|Total Carb 10g (Note 8)||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
I made this dish last night and the kids and I loved it. I doubled everything to fit for four people though. Will be putting this in our recipe book.
I made this dish last week. I posted it on FB for my Keto friends. It got so many likes and loves from friends. My whole family loved it, and we fought over the leftovers. I will forever be making this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
How big is the serving size
I just made this. It was so good.