- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (Note 1)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup mixed in, 1/4 cup sprinkled on top)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (1/2 cup mixed in, 1/4 cup sprinkled on top)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix Ingredients: Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in mixing bowl. Mix canola oil, sugar, and eggs in another mixing bowl. Combine both dry and wet ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add Bananas: Add bananas to mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moist (Note 1).
- Add Chocolate & Walnuts: Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts to mixture, gently folding them in.
- Bake: Pour mixture into greased
9×5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup walnuts on top. Bake until top is browned and toothpick comes out clean in center of loaf, about 75 minutes. Let cool. Run knife around inside of pan to release banana bread.
|Makes 10 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 520 (48% from fat)|
|Total Fat 28g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Net Carb 64g|
|Total Carb 67g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|