- 16 ounces firm tofu, drained, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 ounces ground beef (Note 1)
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Blend Sauce: Blend all sauce ingredients in blender until smooth and brown (Note 4). Set aside, along with rubber spatula.
- Cook Beef & Tofu: Add beef to pan (Note 5) over medium heat. Crumbling beef with stiff utensil, cook until browned, a few minutes. Keeping everything in pan, add tofu cubes. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Sauce: Add sauce to pan, using spatula to scrape down sides of blender. Stir until tofu and beef are well-coated with sauce, about 1 minute. Bring to simmer, and cook until sauce is thickened a bit, about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat.
|Makes 3 Servings (Note 8)|
|Amount Per Serving (1.5 cups):|
|Calories 500 (65% from fat)|
|Total Fat 36g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Net Carb 7g|
|Total Carb 9.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||9%|