- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets (Note 1)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (Note 2)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups water or broth (Note 3)
- 1.5 cups diced onions (1/2 onion; Note 4)
- 1 cup diced carrots (3 carrots)
- 1 cup diced celery (3 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 5 strips bacon
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook Bacon: Place bacon strips in single layer in large pot (Note 5) over medium heat. Flipping occasionally, cook until crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Sauté Vegetables: Add diced onions, carrots, and celery to pot with bacon drippings. Stirring frequently, cook over medium heat until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Cook Broccoli: Add broccoli, heavy whipping cream, and water to pot. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as needed to maintain simmer.
- Add Cheese: Gradually stir in shredded cheddar cheese until melted and incorporated into soup. Add butter and minced garlic, stirring until butter is melted.
- Thicken Soup & Serve: Simmer until soup is thickened to desired consistency, about 10 minutes. Let soup cool a bit, then add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls (Note 6), and crumble bacon on top.
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 490 (81% from fat)|
|Total Fat 45g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 27g||135%|
|Net Carb 11g|
|Total Carb 13.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10%|