Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 2 pounds beef stew meat (Note 1)
- 3 medium ribs celery, chopped (Note 2)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1.25 cups chopped frozen green beans (Note 3)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each: table salt, ground black pepper, ground thyme
- Cut Beef: If wet, pat beef dry with paper towels. Cut into bite-sized chunks, smaller than 1 inch. Trim off any excess fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook Vegetables: Add celery, carrots, onions, and thyme to now-empty pot. Cook vegetables for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in crushed tomatoes. Turn off sauté mode.
- Add Other Ingredients: Return beef to pot, including any liquid collected on plate. Add green beans and beef broth to pot, stirring in with other ingredients.
- Pressure Cook: Secure and seal lid. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by 25 minute natural release. Manually release remaining pressure by gradually turning release knob to venting position.
- Serve: Uncover, and stir in corn, green peas, and balsamic vinegar. Serve and store leftovers (Note 5).
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1.5 cups):|
|Calories 230 (23% from fat)|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Net Carb 8g|
|Total Carb 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|