- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped (Note 1)
- 2 carrots, finely chopped (Note 1)
- 1 onion, finely chopped (Note 1)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (Note 2)
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese (Note 3)
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (Note 4)
- Soften Cream Cheese: Cut cream cheese into 8 cubes. Set aside to soften while you work on the rest of the recipe.
- Cook Veggies: Heat olive oil in large pot (Note 5) over medium-high heat until very hot, a few minutes. Add celery, carrots, onions, salt, and black pepper. Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and tomato paste until incorporated and fragrant, about 1 minute. You may notice flavorful browned bits collecting on bottom of pot.
- Make Soup Base: Add broth to pot, and briefly scrape along bottom to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium. Vigorously whisk cream cheese cubes into soup until fully incorporated (Note 6), about 5 minutes. Reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer uncovered to let flavors combine, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. The soup should be smooth and creamy, with a pale orange color.
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 cup):|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Net Carb 5g|
|Total Carb 6.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6%|