Salsa Chicken Soup
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Soften Cream Cheese: Cut cream cheese into 8 cubes. Set aside to soften while you work on the next step.
- Thicken Soup: Uncover and transfer only chicken breasts to plate; set aside. Whisk together 1 cup of hot liquid from pressure cooker with softened cream cheese in heatproof bowl or liquid measuring glass until smooth, a few minutes. Pour cream cheese mixture into pot, stirring it in.
- Shred Chicken: Turn on saute mode for medium heat. While waiting for liquid to boil, finely shred chicken using two forks and return chicken to pot. Boil soup for a few minutes to combine flavors, stirring frequently, then turn off saute mode.
- Serve (Note 9): Ladle soup into bowls, and top with avocado, cheddar cheese, and cilantro.
|Makes 7 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 cup):|
|Calories 290 (59% from fat)|
|Total Fat 19g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Net Carb 6g|
|Total Carb 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|