Instant Pot Artichokes
- 2 fresh artichokes (Note 1)
- 1.5 cups water
- olive oil
- ground black pepper and salt
- Prepare Artichokes: Rinse artichokes. Snap off and discard any errant outer leaves on stems. Snip off any large thorns on leaves using kitchen shears. Saw off and discard top-third of leaves (inedible leaves furthest from stem) using serrated knife. Cut off and discard lower part of stem, leaving at least 1 inch attached to artichoke (Note 2).
- Cook Artichokes: Place trivet inside
pressure cooker(Note 3). Add water. Place artichokes upside down on trivet. Cover and seal lid. Select steam mode and adjust cooking time for 10 minutes at high pressure. Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure by turning release knob to venting position. Pull off outer artichoke leaf to test doneness; leaf should come off with little resistance. Set artichokes aside until cool enough to handle.
- Make Dipping Sauce: Whisk or vigorously stir all dipping sauce ingredients in medium mixing bowl until very smooth, with no mayonnaise clumps remaining. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve: Slice cooled artichokes in half, through stem, handling carefully to avoid breaking off tender leaves. Scoop out and discard fuzzy needle-like white centers and purple leaves from each artichoke half using spoon. Arrange artichokes on serving plates. Optionally, lightly brush cut surfaces with olive oil and season with pepper and salt. Serve with prepared dipping sauce and plate for discarded leaves (Note 4).
|Makes 2 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 artichoke with dip):|
|Calories 410 (82% from fat)|
|Total Fat 37g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Net Carb 6.5g|
|Total Carb 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||29%|