This is a creamy puréed soup with cauliflower, cream cheese, celery, and onions, topped with crispy crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound cauliflower florets (1 head)
- 5 slices bacon
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces weight)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups water (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions (1/4 onion)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- thinly sliced scallions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut Cream Cheese: Cut cream cheese into 8 small cubes. Set aside to soften on countertop while proceeding to next steps.
- Cook Bacon: Select sauté mode on
pressure cooker(Note 2) for medium heat. Cut bacon slices in half (so they are half as long) and add to pot, working in batches as needed. Cook until crispy, turning occasionally. Transfer crispy bacon to paper towel lined plate to drain, leaving grease in pot.
- Sauté Vegetables: Add celery, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper to pot with grease. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off sauté mode.
- Pressure Cook: Add cauliflower florets and water, then stir and verify that cauliflower is submerged. Secure and seal lid. Cook for 5 minutes at high pressure, followed by quick pressure release.
- Purée Soup: Uncover. Add cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. Use
immersion blenderor tabletop blender to purée until smooth (Note 3).
- Serve: Taste, adjusting salt and pepper as needed. Ladle into bowls, optionally topping with shredded cheese and sliced scallions. Crumble bacon on top. Serve, and save any leftovers (Notes 4-5).
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 cup):|
|Calories 220 (68% from fat)|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||48%|
|Net Carb 3g|
|Total Carb 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
I found this recipe while looking for some Keto lunch ideas. I just made it and WOW. I can see this becoming a regular in my rotation especially as we come into fall.
Oh wow soo good!
Made this 2x in 3 days. I didn’t add celery as I don’t care for the taste and I thought it might overpower the cauliflower I also used heavy whipping cream instead of cream cheese. I just love to experiment with soup recipes.
Made in my 6 qt Instant Pot with 1 cauliflower head. I think I will double or triple batch and make in my 8 qt Instant Pot.
I think I’ll make a batch with sautéed mushrooms in butter. Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup… yummy.
I’ve used cream cheese before in soups and wanted to see how it would taste with cream instead of following the recipe.
Be sure to let it rest before serving. It will thicken a bit. Even better warmed up the following day.
Thank you for this recipe! I love easy soups that I can make and enjoy within an hour! This was superb!!! I used frozen riced cauliflower bc of course I grabbed my head of cauliflower and it was rotten lol…. Used 2 cups beef broth since the frozen stuff was only 12 ounces but kept everything else the same and it was just sooo perfect! I added some chopped up ham after…. Next time I’ll double or even triple the recipe to share 🙂
Absolutely delicious! Used veggie stock as I was out of chicken stock and the results were still very tasty… you would think my family was a bunch of turkeys the way we “gobbled” it up!
😂 Glad to hear you enjoyed this!!
This was absolutely delicious. I’ll never have to do carby potato soup again. I used chicken broth in place of water & left out the garlic.
Just made this soup. It is absolutely delicious.
Just made this for lunch. AMAZING!! So good. I was full after 1 bowl.
This soup is incredible! Thank you for an awesome recipe!
This is so delicious! Thank you for the recipe!
Can you use a crock pot?
I think that would work as well. The bacon would have to be cooked separately on a pan on the stovetop. Let me know if you give it a try!
This soup looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Can water be replaced with chicken broth?
Hi Julie! I haven’t tried that myself, but it should work fine.