Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- 1 pound cauliflower florets (1 head)
- 5 slices bacon
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces weight)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups water (Note 1)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions (1/4 onion)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- thinly sliced scallions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut Cream Cheese: Cut cream cheese into 8 small cubes. Set aside to soften on countertop while proceeding to next steps.
- Sauté Vegetables: Add celery, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper to pot with grease. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off sauté mode.
- Pressure Cook: Add cauliflower florets and water, then stir and verify that cauliflower is submerged. Secure and seal lid. Cook for 5 minutes at high pressure, followed by quick pressure release.
- Serve: Taste, adjusting salt and pepper as needed. Ladle into bowls, optionally topping with shredded cheese and sliced scallions. Crumble bacon on top. Serve, and save any leftovers (Notes 4-5).
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (1 cup):|
|Calories 220 (68% from fat)|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||48%|
|Net Carb 3g|
|Total Carb 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|