This is a simple oven recipe for making Filipino chicken adobo; no searing needed. The chicken is remarkably tender, with juicy onions and a bold tangy sauce bursting with flavor. Want to use your pressure cooker instead? Check out Instant Pot Chicken Adobo.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (Note 1)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (Note 2)
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 scallion (green onion), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Prepare: Position oven rack in center of oven, and preheat to 400 F. In
dutch ovenor oven-safe pot (Note 3), stir together soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and cayenne until well-mixed. Stir in onions and bay leaves.
- Add Chicken: Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels, and trim any excess fat (kitchen shears are useful). Season with black pepper. Place chicken thighs in single layer in pot, nestling them snugly alongside onions and sauce, with smooth sides of thighs facing down.
- Bake: Bake uncovered at 400 F for 30 minutes, flip chicken thighs, then bake uncovered for another 30 minutes or until chicken is nicely browned on top.
|Makes 3 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving:|
|Calories 390 (45% from fat)|
|Total Fat 19g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Net Carb 5.5g|
|Total Carb 6.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
I made this recipe and it was delicious. I read previous comments and doubled the soy sauce and vinegar and it came out perfect. Thank you!
I haven’t done that (doubling the soy and vinegar) but I’m going to!!!
Absolutely amazing! Everyone in our family loves it. We eat it over mashed cauliflower.
I made this for dinner for me and my husband, and it turned out so good. My husband loved it. He loved that we can use boneless skinless chicken thighs to make adobo.
Very tasty but i seemed to miss the extra sauce. I did the oven method but i also have an Instant Pot but had some extra time. There was no sauce left after cooking in oven so i had to scramble to add some extra soy sauce/vinegar but this continued to burn on the bottom of the pan.